Thursday, March 5, 2009

Settling in Again...

WOW! Yes, it sure has been a LONG while since I have posted anything new or substansive! Since my last post, Lilah an dI have returned to San Antonio, and Trent has also joined us! He has been home for about a week now, and still has another week off from work! This leaves us plenty of time to get things unpacked *or so I hoped it would*!!!
We are really relaxing, spending time in our new home *rented*, but still ours for now! Things are still going pretty fast right now. Trying to settle in, I just started a new class, Trent is trying to readjust to being at home, and getting to get whenever he likes, whatever he likes!
Luckily, reintegration for Lilah and Trent has gone better than I could have imagined! Thanks to modern technology, such as webcams, and VOP, she was really still able to experience daddy being present most of the time! Which I believed helped her to know who daddy is as she grows, and know that he is still in her life, and that he will return. To her, it seems as if he never left! Another good thing, for me anyways, when she wakes up, she calls for "DADDA!!!" This is a nice break for me! Now I hear DADDA all day instead of MAMA!!!!
Trent seems not to mind it, he gets to build blocks and color all day long! A dream vacation I would imagine!
Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get some new photos posted! As of now, no time for photos when I have a house full of boxes to unpack!!! *And loads of blogs to catch up on!!!*

5 comments:

  1. Well, heaven knows I can't talk about you being behind! Glad to hear from you again, though - LOL

    Nothing is more fun than hearing your little girl call "Dadda!" - I'm sure it's worth every minute to Trent!

    NOW WE WANT PICS!! At least I posted a bunch to make up for how long I went without posting! LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo for getting settled in! How great that Trent is home too! I bet you all are enjoying that! Thank God for webcams huh?! That's fantastic that Lilah is all about Dadda!!! We look forward to those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is rough having my husband on swings. I can't imagine having my husband away for periods of time in the military. Like you said, fortunate to have webcams! I've fallen behind on blogs myself..hard to keep up. I will look for some photos from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that Trent is home again and that you guys are getting settled into your new home! How wonderful that Trent could still be a part of Lilah's day while away and that she is all about Dadda right now! Looking forward to some new photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so exciting for you that Trent is home and Lilah gets to spend some much needed Daddy time with him----so you mommy go out and get a pedicure and go shopping by yourself. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete