Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks!

To start this blog off right, if some of you have not heard already- Lilah's doctor told us that her results from the MRI all looked good-but she will still need to be followed up in about 3-6 months. We usually go around the 5th month mark-just in time for a new doctor in Colorado! Ha! But, since our doctor is so great in TX, she has given us high recommendations for a doctor in Kansas and another doctor in Colorado- now just to inform insurance that these are the individuals that we will NEED to see-another mission!

On other news, we weren't able to celebrate Thanksgiving with Trent this year, but we did spend the time with most of my family.  I only have some pictures below, I guess my Nikon's flash is a bit much for some of my family to handle! hehe- and trying to get a great shot without Lilah pulling on my leg is a bit difficult to deal with as well! I hope you all enjoy the photos!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: thanksgiving09
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

Like I mentioned before, we weren't able to spend Thanksgiving with Trent because he is now in Florida. But, he will be with us for Christmas this year, which I am excited for! Until then, we will be praying that he makes it through TACP tech school, Go baby Go!!! We love you!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009


Yep, that is coming as no surprise for me. Lilah had an appointment with her Nuerosurgeon, Dr. Aronin today. For some reason, in the back of my mind, I had this feeling that she would have to get another set of MRI's done- not for the fact that we could ever go one whole year without having any type of medical something done - but I have been noticing she is snoring more often, louder than usual, and her shirts are even more difficult to get over her head than they usually are.

Well, I tried to attach a chart to here, but couldn't get the points plotted like I wanted to, so here are some stats on her head circumference:

5 March 2008:          51 cm                                           50%tile

24 September 2008 : 54 cm        98%tile     75%tile  *this was also one day pre-op*

7 Oct 2008:               53.6 cm    98%tile

18 November 2008:  54 cm        98%tile     75%tile

18 November 2009:  56 cm

As you can tell, I do not know what percentile some of her numbers are, but going by what the other numbers are, they are higher than what they should be.  If you were to see her numbers plotted on a chart, they would continue to peak and not curve smoothly like they should along the average curve (it does not matter if they are plotted on an average head chart or achon chart) the numbers just are curving right.

I am not sure what the next step is beyond her MRI's. Dr.Aronin wants to be sure that her brain is doing well, especially involving fluids on or around her skull and brain, and make sure things are developing the way they should be.

We picked a perfect time to move back home again! NOT! Although I do LOVE my family to pieces, and hate it when Trent has to leave- but her doctor is such a WONDERFUL doctor to have, and she knows what is going on involving her. Having to change doctors for only 6 months is very frustrating, especially considering what is going on right now- which no one knows! *BREATHE* that is what I have to keep telling myself! One thing at a time, one day at a time!

I will be sure to keep everyone posted as to what is going on, and how well she is doing. She is a trooper when it comes to getting MRI's done- I can't wait till she is at the age where she does not need them often and/or she does not have to be sedated for them! Grr, this tugs at my heart for her!

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers! Thank you for the support, hugs and love to you all!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beautiful Colors...

Oh, the beautiful colors of fall! I have been wanting to take photos of Lilah and all the colors that have been outside, and the other day, the weather was to nice not to!

I wish the tree was smaller, this way she could have gotten closer to it, but all the smaller trees had no more leaves on them :o( so we had to make due!

I had to bribe her with candy to get her to stand on this rock. I'm also glad for good neighbors not running outside and yelling at me for being in their yards!

Look how big this tree is! It's hard to capture all of it and her in the same shot!

If the weather holds up, we'll be heading to the zoo soon enough! She loves being outside, and soon enough it'll be to cold to go outside! Oh, and mommy does not do snow! :oP