Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Made it to Austin

Ok, so we finally made it to Austin late tonight around 915. We had to stay at the Ramada Inn because they would not cancel our night, but we are going to be staying at the Ronald McDonald House the rest of the time we are here.
It still has not completely hit Trent or I about what is going to happen. We have been trying to block it all out for the past week or so, and it's finally catching up to us. Things have been so hectic thus far, and we are almost to the time when she has to go into surgery.
We worry about her waking up and not knowing why she is hurting, what are all the machines and the people around her. For me, it's not fair for her to have to go through all of this and I'm constantly asking for her pain so she does not have any. Yet I know that going through this will help make her stronger later. Yet it is still not fair for her (or all the other LP's out there) to have to go through all of this.
For now, this is all I have to say. I will keep everyone updated with how everything goes tomorrow and her recovery. It may take a day or so, but when we have time, we will update it.
Keep the prayers coming!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sheri, our thoughts and prayers will be with you, Trent and Lilah tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri!
    I will be thinking of Lilah and your family! Please keep us posted on she is doing!
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO understand what you're going through right now! She will be fine, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherylle and I are both keeping you and your family in our prayers today - I know that it will go well for Lilah, but as a parent it will be very hard on you. All you can hope to do is to be strong for each other and for your daughter, and remember that as terrifying as this is, it is all to make her life better!

    We'll be checking in frequently to see how things go!

    ReplyDelete