Friday, October 10, 2008

BUSY!

WOW!!! This past week or so has been very very crazy for us! Where shall I start? While Lilah was still in the hospital last Monday, trent was called off leave because they had his deployment orders ready, so he had to return to work that Tuesday to finish out processing and get finalize his leave. So, instead of having a nice relaxing week at home w/Lilah and I after she got out of surgery, Trent was rushing around trying to finalize everything and get things ready. My mom had to leaave on Thursday, and after that, it was just us three.
Then, that weekend Trent left. Which I really didn't like because we didn't get much 'our time' before he left. We were to busy trying to make sure Lilah was ok, or that he had all his info ready to leave, things packed, etc. After he left, we spent about a day getting ready for the movers to come and pack up the house.
I was not ready for that at all! Luckily one of our friends (thank you Cin!!!) was able to take off Monday and help me with the packers and Lilah. Big help! The movers were nice, worked with me well, and didn't break anything this time!!! I think the fact that I made them cookies and lunch helped with that also!
After that was all done, I had to get together the stuff Lilah and I would need to take home with us. I did not realize how much that would actually be until my dad came and got boxes for it all! We ended up renting a UHaul and pulling the stuff back to Kansas with us. The drive took about 11.5 hours total, not to bad in time.
Lilah and I are finally home in Wichita, KS. We will be here until Trent gets back, maybe 6 months or so. During that time, I will be going to school, working, being around family once again. Looking forward to some great times here!

7 comments:

  1. Sheri!

    I'm glad you made it back home to Kansas safely! It sounds like Lilah is doing well?! Good news!

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. As hectic as it sounded, as least you are home with family and Lilah is feeling better! Looking forward to new pictures of that little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is finally starting to settle down, although I'm sorry it's without Trent! How did you get Lilah to deal with an 11.5 hour drive? We had a hard enough time with Caitlin on our 5 hour drive up to San Jose! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheri. Thanks for visiting our blog. Of course you can add us to your list. Sorry to hear your husband is going to be away, military life is not easy. It's great that you and Lilah can be with family while he's gone. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, I bet you were happy to be home for some rest! So glad that Lilah is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilah is so cute! I love that name. I'm Cat, my son Owen is 20 month achon. So glad to have more moms blogging!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheri! I found your blog through Tonya . . . Lilah is so adorable! I'm glad to hear that you are home with family, especially while your husband is away, and that Lilah is recovering well!

    Do you mind if I add you to our blog list? My son, Simon, is 15 months old and has an undiagnosed bent bone dysplasia.

    ReplyDelete