Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Friends in MO places!

In early October, Lilah had another appointment at CMH in Missouri. This appointment was a follow-up neurosurgery appointment from the seizure she had in September. The appointment was a success and failure all in one. 

First, we were assigned a new doctor (a good one though!), so she was unfamiliar with him and was not very talkative. Once we were in the appointment, he tells me has has looked at her CTScan from the day of the seizure and cannot notice or see anything that would cause her seizure. 

I was concerned that her foremen magnum had started to close again, but he assured me that it was doing just fine and the surgery she had almost 2 years ago was doing its job. What a relief! The not so good news was that even though he did not see anything, did not mean that nothing was there. 

So we were referred to another doctor, a neurologist. So, we are scheduled at the end of this month to see a neurologist and get her first EEG done. I am concerned, but looking forward to getting some answers and see what her EEG reads.


After our appointment we headed to further to Missouri to visit our friends from Texas who had recently moved. I must admit there is another benefit to living in Kansas- we are smack dab in the middle of the country! Being here means we are not to far from the many friends that we have made along the years.


Playing as if they have never spent a day apart!


Lilah loved this red scooter!


Little miss Diva at the Big Annual Knobnoster Fall Parade!


Our friends Bryson and Tatum showing school spirit in orange for the Knobnoster football team!



Loud fire truck!


The Air force came out in support of Knobnoster!

Lilah and I had so much fun while in the good ol' Knob! I was not able to catch pictures of baby Micah, such a cute and happy boy! He kept me entertained with all his smiles, giggles, and bouncing around! We hope to catch up with you guys again soon and thank you for welcoming us into your home!!!

4 comments:

  1. I just read your last two posts. Lilah is getting so big! She is not longer a baby! Here's hoping that the appointment goes smooth and there is nothing to worry about with Lilah. I love the photo shoot. Don't feel bad I never have taken Pres to a portrait studio. And his school pictures I usually don't like. So good for you and doing it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you got some good news from the neurosurgeon, and I hope that you get good news and answers from the neurologist.
    It looks like you and Lilah had a great visit with friends! Lilah is so adorable in the "Little Miss Diva" picture at the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hping that this appointment goes well and that you gain some more valid information from the EEG! I'm glad to hear that you like this doctor though and that things do look good! Looks like Lilah enjoyed her day with friends! So cute! I love the fall photo shoot too! You managed to get some really cute pictures! Sonya is also not a fan of my camera most times.

    ReplyDelete