Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Little 'Petti'

Recently my mom and I have been making pettiskirts for the little girls in our family, and most of them have been worn on their first birthday. Well, this time I made one on my own! Whoot! It was a real time crunchers because I had about 2 weeks to do this, all while on vacation and working on school! You would think I would have more time considering Trent was on leave, but no sir!

Here is my most recent pettiskirt that I did for my little cousin's 1st birthday!






Her mommy got to choose the color scheme, and I think it turned out very well!



I hope to do a few more of these in the future, but for now will stick to here and there. They are very time consuming, as is any sewing project-but once you get the first few done, they get easier with time! Now if I can only finish the 2 quilts I have been working on!!!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! I love frilly fluffy girly skirts for little ones! I'll have to see if I can find a pattern for some. Sonya would look so cute in them! I bet Lilah does too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to stop blogging because all you crafty girls are making me feel inadequate! LOL! That is a beautiful skirt. You did a GREAT job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! That is a fun tradition for all of the little girls in your family to have a pettiskirt made for their first birthdays!
    Good luck with your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute.. Very girly. My girls would love it.. It very beautiful

    ReplyDelete